Well this journey has been a lot harder than I thought it would be. I though it would be easy to find a brand of shampoo that doesn't have a mile long list of chemicals, but this has not been the case. So I do a lot of reading, and a lot of trial and error on some of the DIY shampoo recipes online.
Recently I read that you can use baking soda and water as a shampoo. Comments on this article went along the lines of 'oh I have been doing this for years', and 'my hair is silky smooth.' So naturally I tried it. Why wouldn't I? I have baking soda in my cupboard already! So I jump in the shower and get my baking soda on. Felt a bit weird in the shower, but the real results are when you're attempting to get a brush through, and when you are styling.
Results? My hair felt like straw. It was nearly impossible to brush (and yes, I used a conditioner). Worst of all, when I styled it, it looked horribly dull.
So if anyone has any more crazy things for me to try, bring it on...
No comments:
Post a Comment